4-H Livestock Poster Contest
In order to participate in the Livestock Poster contest, youth must fill out this form and submit their poster to the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Northampton County office by May 29, 2020.
- Open to all youth ages 5-18.
- Limit one poster per exhibitor.
- Youth will compete in their own age group as of January 1, 2020.
- Poster must include livestock-related content and be on standard-sized poster paper. Examples include, but are not limited to: breed identification, diet, meal preparation, cage maintenance, poultry showmanship, and parts of the animal. The content should be age-appropriate.
- Poster must be completed by the youth who entered the poster. Minimal parent involvement for the 5-7-year-old age group is acceptable.
Groups by Age
Clover-Bud (age 5-7) Junior (ages 8-10) Intermediate (11-13) Senior (14-18)
Posters will be received in the 4-H office Friday, May 29, 2020, by 5 p.m.
- All exhibitors must register their poster. Posters will be on public display, so please make sure the information used is accurate. Please cite sources if applicable.
- The participant does not have to be present for submission of entry for judging. Limit one poster entry per exhibitor.
Ribbons and premiums will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place poster in each group.
1st place | $20 and ribbon
2nd place | $15 and ribbon
3rd place | $10 and ribbon