4-H Summer Fun
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Northampton County Summer Fun
Our Summer Fun Schedule is now available.
Northampton County 4-H is excited to announce a series of engaging and educational workshops offered by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension – Northampton County Center. Workshop dates, times, and descriptions can be viewed below. Workshops will include:
S.T.E.M (July 7 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m.)
$10- Youth will use Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math to construct their very own Mars Rover (Robot) while learning about space and Mars.
Outdoor Exploration (July 13-14 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m.) *** This class is full, you can register for the wait list****
$10- Activities will encourage youth to explore the outdoors fishing, hiking, camping, tree identification and more!
Arts and Crafts (July 20-21 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m.)
$10- Activities include Sewing, Painting, and making crafts.
Cooking up Confidence (July 27-28 | 2 p.m.-4 p.m.)
$10- Youth will be provided with basic kitchen utensils & recipes to learn about food safety, food chemistry, and where food comes from.
Outdoor Grilling (August 10-11 | 2 p.m.-4 p.m.)
$10- Join us as we explore the world of grilling, and food safety.
To enroll in any 4-H Summer Program…
- Fill out Google Form online
- Youth must be enrolled on 4HOnline.
- Turn in payment. Paid in cash (exact change only) or check to Northampton County Program Fund.
- Registrations is first come first serve basis and is not complete without filling out required forms and turning in payment.
- Please complete one form for each youth you are registering. Workshops are on a first-come first-serve basis. If classes fill up, you will be added to a wait-list.
- No refunds will be given for Summer Fun programs except in the event of a cancellation by our office. All refunds will be processed at the conclusion of the entire summer fun program in August. Please allow 4 weeks from that time for checks to be processed.
- Review the 4-H Code of Conduct with your child.
- Prior to each workshop, parents/guardians will receive an email with program details, as there are some Covid-19 protocols we are required to follow, per North Carolina State University.
NEW THIS YEAR!!
We will have a few continual 4-H Spin clubs that will be meeting over the summer starting the week of June 14th and going though August 13th.
Spin clubs will meet for 1-1.5 hours a week completing a project and a community service activity.
Contact the office to sign up
Just Grow It 4-H Gardening Club- All ages welcome, Tuesdays from 3 p.m. – 4ish at the Extension office, starting June 15th-August 10th. Working in garden, growing plants & vegetables, helping the community all while learning and having fun!
CloverBud Club- For youth ages 5-7, Fridays from 10-11 at the Extension office starting, June 18th-August 13th. Crafts, Leaderships, Community Service, Hands on learning and more!
4-H Poultry Project- All ages welcome. Raising chickens to show at the 4-H Poultry show. Four workshops will be held throughout the project to learn more about avian health, showmanship skills, and a plethora of information about the poultry industry and North Carolina agriculture! Check out our website for more information.