4-H Summer Fun
Northampton County Summer Fun
Our Summer Fun Schedule is now available.
Northampton County 4-H is excited to announce a series of engaging and educational workshops offered by the North Carolina Cooperative Extension – Northampton County Center. Workshop dates, times, and descriptions can be viewed below. Workshops will include:
S.T.E.M (July 7 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m.)
$10- Youth will use Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math to construct their very own Mars Rover (Robot) while learning about space and Mars.
Outdoor Exploration (July 13-14 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m.) *** This class is full, you can register for the wait list****
$10- Activities will encourage youth to explore the outdoors fishing, hiking, camping, tree identification and more!
Arts and Crafts (July 20-21 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m.)
$10- Activities include Sewing, Painting, and making crafts.
Cooking up Confidence (July 27-28 | 2 p.m.-4 p.m.)
$10- Youth will be provided with basic kitchen utensils & recipes to learn about food safety, food chemistry, and where food comes from.
Outdoor Grilling (August 10-11 | 2 p.m.-4 p.m.)
$10- Join us as we explore the world of grilling, and food safety.
To enroll in any 4-H Summer Program…
- Fill out Google Form online
- Youth must be enrolled on 4HOnline.
- Turn in payment. Paid in cash (exact change only) or check to Northampton County Program Fund.
- Registrations is first come first serve basis and is not complete without filling out required forms and turning in payment.
- Please complete one form for each youth you are registering. Workshops are on a first-come first-serve basis. If classes fill up, you will be added to a wait-list.
- No refunds will be given for Summer Fun programs except in the event of a cancellation by our office. All refunds will be processed at the conclusion of the entire summer fun program in August. Please allow 4 weeks from that time for checks to be processed.
- Review the 4-H Code of Conduct with your child.
- Prior to each workshop, parents/guardians will receive an email with program details, as there are some Covid-19 protocols we are required to follow, per North Carolina State University.
NEW THIS YEAR!!
We will have a few continual 4-H Spin clubs that will be meeting over the summer starting the week of June 14th and going though August 13th.
Spin clubs will meet for 1-1.5 hours a week completing a project and a community service activity.
Contact the office to sign up
Just Grow It 4-H Gardening Club- All ages welcome, Tuesdays from 3 p.m. – 4ish at the Extension office, starting June 15th-August 10th. Working in garden, growing plants & vegetables, helping the community all while learning and having fun!
CloverBud Club- For youth ages 5-7, Fridays from 10-11 at the Extension office starting, June 18th-August 13th. Crafts, Leaderships, Community Service, Hands on learning and more!
4-H Poultry Project- All ages welcome. Raising chickens to show at the 4-H Poultry show. Four workshops will be held throughout the project to learn more about avian health, showmanship skills, and a plethora of information about the poultry industry and North Carolina agriculture! Check out our website for more information.